In an effort to keep you informed regarding new and updated laws, manuals, forms, and other FPPC publications and services, this page will be updated each time changes occur. In most cases, links to updated material will remain for six months after the date of publication.
Recent Changes to the Law
- Campaign Disclosure Manuals 1-2 have been updated through November 1, 2023.
- Campaign Disclosure Manuals 3-6 have been updated through June 1, 2020.
- They can be found on the Campaign Disclosure Manuals page.
New Fact Sheets and Guides
- AB 571 Fact Sheet
- Behested Payment Report Fact Sheet
- Limited Liability Company Fact Sheet on New Regulations
- Committee Naming Fact Sheet
- Sponsored Committee Qualification and Naming Fact Sheet
- Filing with a Digital Signature Fact Sheet
- An Overview of Conflicts of Interest
- Cryptocurrency Contributions
- Parties, Participants, Agents, and Section 84308 Guide
- Officers and Section 84308 Guide
Updated Fact Sheets and Webpages
- FAQ: Recall Elections
- FAQ: Campaign Activity
- 2023 California State Contribution Limits
- 2023 Voluntary Expenditure Ceilings for State Candidates
- State Limitations and Restrictions on Gifts, Honoraria, Travel and Loans
- Local Limitations and Restrictions on Gifts, Honoraria, Travel and Loans
- Search Locally Filed Form 700s
- AB 2151 - Local Campaign Filings
- AB 571 - Contribution Limits: City and County Candidates
- Training and Outreach for Public Officials - Behested Payment (Form 803) Webinars & Powerpoint
Biennial Notices for State Agencies
- The Act requires every state agency to review its conflict of interest code biennially and notify FPPC by March 1, 2023 as to whether or not the agency’s code needs to be amended. The appropriate documents are posted on the Rules on Conflict of Interest Codes for State and Local Agencies page.
- 2023 State Agency Biennial Notice
Advertising Disclosure Charts
- New advertisement disclosure rules are in effect as of January 1, 2020. Posted on the Campaign Advertising - Requirements and Restrictions page are the updated advertisement disclosure charts that reflect the new rules for all committees.
State and Local Post-Employment Factsheets
- Legislation effective January 1, 2018 changed the rules on post-employment restrictions. Updated information and factsheets have been posted on the Rules for Leaving Government Service page.
How to Request Advice
If you have questions about your obligations under the Act you can request advice directly from FPPC staff